Questions to Guide your Reading of Values and Divorce
**Your friend, Nate, is getting divorced. He has two children. What can you tell Nate about the best way to help the children weather the divorce and postdivorce period?
1. What is meant by "pathologizing what is simply normal" on p. 387
2. What parts are we encouraged not to see? (p. 388) Why?
3. What is the Boy Code (p.390)? Is there a Girl Code?
4. What is the root of this supposed "War Against Boys"? Who is disadvantaged?
5. What needs to be done to address the real problem?
AF 28. Diversity among same-sex couples and their children
1. The last section of this chapter is entitled "Why does this matter?" - given that "this" refers to the statistics about same sex couples raising children (numbers as well as geographic location, economic situation and legal challenges), how would you answer that question?