597 Research in Family Communication
Alternative paper assignment for Not-so-nuclear
This paper should have three components (may be separate parts of the paper or may be integrated):
1. Describe your network of care (this can be a combination of diagram and text if you like). It can be:
- For your child (real or imagined)
- For a child that you are a member of the network of care for
- For a pet (real or imagined)
- For yourself
2. Now write an analysis of your network of care based on Hansen's explanations of networks of care. Include at least:
- How the network is staged (i.e., criteria for inclusion, actions to activate a network member) and maintained
- What tangles of reciprocity are present and/or implied (determine where it would fit on the generalized, balanced, market-based or negative continuum)
- Any sex differences you notice in terms of expectations for members of your network? If so, why do you think they exist?
- An evaluation of the stability of your network (how much would it take to "crash" the network)?
- What values are being passed along/among the network members
3. What did you learn about you, your network of care, and/or networks of care in general from this analysis?