Gender and Communication
Dr. Marcia D. Dixson
Building Bridges Between the Sexes
through Understanding of our Differences and Similarities
Return to homepage
Email Dr. Dixson
Chapter 9 Women and Men in the Workplace: The Challenges of Talking Shop
For class, pay attention to:
Suggestions for mini-project:
1. Are there sex differences in reasons for working?
2. Is there a glass ceiling in Fort Wayne/Northeast Indiana?
3. How family friendly are Fort Wayne/Northeast Indiana's corporations?
4. Is sexual harassment a problem in Fort Wayne/Northeast Indiana?
5. How do women deal with competing demands of work and children? How much of these demands are men shouldering?
6. Is there a double-bind for women in the workplace; don't be feminine, don't be masculine?
7. Is sexual harassment a problem in Fort Wayne/Northeast Indiana?
8. Do perspectives of affirmative action vary by sex?