Gender and Communication
Dr. Marcia D. Dixson
Building Bridges Between the Sexes
through Understanding of our Differences and Similarities
Return to homepage
Email Dr. Dixson
Gender Jargon and Effective Communication: Learning to Talk the Talk
1. Define gender communication. What is the difference between gender and sex?
2. What is gender identity? What is the difference between sexual preference and sexual orientation?
3. Define homophobia and transgender.
4. Are you a feminist (you do not have to answer this one out loud if you do not feel comfortable).
5. Define communication.
6. What about taking a receiver orientation to communication? How does this change your thinking when in a communication situation? Is that good/bad?
7. Number 4 p. 47.